The British Open Show Jumping Championships will host a new show jumping competition … by Stuart Barnett (Derbyshire)
The new competition is for new and existing members joining after the 1st January 2008 and all competitors must be a member of BS and also, either BRC or PC.
Qualifying competitions will be held at selected BS Shows throughout the forthcoming winter season.
Qualifiers will be split into three separate classes, 128cms, 138cms & 148cms, and the winners from each class will form a team of three which will then be invited to compete at The British Open Show Jumping Championships.
The new Championship class will offer teams an opportunity to compete at a four star international show jumping event. The format of the class to run as a Team Relay competition.
Each team will be allocated their own top international show jumping rider to act as team coach and Chef d’Equipe.
Dates & Venues for the British Show jumping, Pony Club & Riding Clubs Qualifiers
- Colraine E.C, Area 51, Cornwall, 31st January 2010
- Laughton Manor E.C, Area 24, Lincolnshire, 6th February 2010
- Stainsby Grange, Area 12A, County Durham, 14th February 2010
- Rowallan Activity Centre, Scotland, 21st February 2010
- Royal Leisure Centre, Area 46, East Sussex, 6th March 2010
- Summerhouse E.C, Area 41, Gloucester, 13th March 2010
- Field House, Area 22, Staffordshire, 20th March 2010
- Forest Edge Arena, Area 28, Norfolk, 28th March 2010
Comments for New Show jumping Competition at British Open
Great opportunity!! by: Liz K
What a great opportunity. To be coached by a top international showjumper if you manage to make it onto a team, is a terrific bonus.