Barguse Riding Centre sits in 26 acres of beautiful Cornish countryside and offer fantastic equestrian facilities,
Barguse is home to 28 horses and ponies and is situated close to the village of Lockengate, which is just one mile from the A30, between Bodmin and St. Austell.
The riding centre has excellent facilities and is a popular venue for horse shows, equestrian events and riding lessons.
Barguse staff pride themselves on catering to all standards of rider from the complete beginner to the private horse owner. Offering a wide range of horses and ponies from 11.2hh to 16.2hh that are suitable for every size and riding ability.
- We are BHS approved, Council Inspected and Fully insuredv
- We have an indoor school, outdoor arena and a jumping paddock
- Our staff are friendly, fully qualified, knowledgeable, CRB checked and first aid trained
- Our horses and ponies are well trained and safe to ride
- We provide a safe, secure environment but try to promote a fun and relaxed atmosphere
- We are Clubmark accredited.
Holiday & Working Livery Stables
Barguse offers working livery with limited spaces available. The cost for working livery varies from £25 to £30 per week.
Holiday livery is also available and we can direct you to all the good riding spots from Cardinham Woods, riding up on Bodmin Moor or a local beach ride. Barguse staff are happy to turn out, muck out or feed and allow you the opportunity to experience the sights and sounds that Cornwall has to offer.
Barguse Pony Club Camp
Each year Barguse Riding Centre runs a residential Pony Club camp during the school summer holidays. Junior riders stay for four days and enjoy a series of fun activities, including.
- Learn to care for horses and ponies
- Take part in riding activities including mounted games, jumping, dressage, even football on horseback
- Work towards badges and certificates
- Enjoy the social camaraderie and let their hair down with a game of rounders; show jumping on foot and a disco