Homemade Horse Treats full of Wholesome Goodness …
Our recipe for tasty, healthy homemade horse treats with nothing artificial and tons of wholesome goodness.
A couple of horse treat recipes including a warm and tasty recipe for winter and a cool recipe for summer horse treats.
Warm and Tasty Homemade Horse Treats Recipe 1.
- 1 carrot
- 1/2 apple
- 1 packet instant oatmeal
- 1/2 cup dry bran
- 1/4 cup corn oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
Horse Treat Baking Instructions:
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Then use a rough grater to grate both the carrot and apple.
- Stir all the ingredients in a bowl until well mixed.
- Then using a wooden spoon, place 1-inch circles on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until crisp.
Summer Cool Homemade Horse Treats Recipe 2.
- 5 apples
- 5 carrots
- 1 cup molasses
- 1 cup sweet feed
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp corn oil
- vitamin supplement (optional)
Preparing Your Cool Horse Treats :
- Slice the apples into tiny pieces.
- Use a grater to grate the carrots.
- Pour all ingredients into a large plastic bag. Shake.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
Feed as required during horse training or as an equine supplement in your normal feeding routine.
Remember, not to overfeed horse treats or your horse will come to expect and demand them every time they see you.