your local horse riding equestrian guide to dressage ...
Top Dressage Rider Anky van Grunsven ...
Theodora Elisabeth Gerarda better known as Top Dressage Rider Anky van Grunsven was born on 2nd January 1968 in Erp, Noord-Brabant.
Dressage Rider Anky is a Dutch Dressage champion who won gold in the 2000 Olympics with her horse Bonfire and gold in the 2004 Olympics and gold again in the 2008 Olympics with Salinero.
Top Dressage Rider Anky Van Grunsven has dominated World Cup Dressage competition, being named the World Cup Dressage Champion eight times...
- 1995 (Los Angeles, riding Cameleon Bonfire)
- 1996 (Gothenburg, riding Cameleon Bonfire)
- 1997 (s’Hertogenbosch, riding Cameleon Bonfire)
- 1999 (Dortmund, riding Gestion Bonfire)
- 2000 (s’Hertogenbosch, riding Gestion Bonfire)
- 2004 (London, riding Gestion Salinero)
- 2005 (Las Vegas, riding Keltec Salinero)
- 2006 (Amsterdam, riding Keltec Salinero)
- 2008 (Brabant, riding IPS Salinero)
Anky Van Grunsven is married to her trainer/coach Sjef Janssen who entered the world of horses at the age of 28 and introduced new views on training.
In 2005, accusations of abusive training by Dressage Rider Anky Van Grunsven appeared in the German horse magazine St. Georg.
This included the technique dubbed Rollkur by the dressage public, but now known as hyperflection of the neck.
The accusations were eventually found to be unfounded.
Germany was the world leader in dressage for decades until the Dutch team, including Top Dressage Rider Anky Van Grunsven, won the Nations Cup in Aachen in 2005.